"Pete- The Pretty Panda's Best Brunch Adventure"

Hola Friends,

   I know it's only been a week, but it feels like it's been sooo long since my last adventure. I sure did miss you! Okay first thing's first. You may be wondering about last week's drastic makeover that didn't go so well. I am happy to say that I am back to the Pretty Panda that you know and love. No more trump hair! I learned a lot from that adventure, mainly that I need to be better at speaking Spanish ASAP. Also, I learned that worrying too much about the way you look harms you more than it helps. I mean it's okay to take pride of your appearance, but don't let it consume you. Trust me, it doesn't end well. So I say yes to taking care of yourself, but no to obsessing about it. Comprende? Good. Phew! Am I glad I finally got that off my chest. That's been bothering me since last week, which made the days drag on and on and on. It's been tough, I'm not gonna lie.
 
 Well, actually not ALL the days were bad. Last Saturday was good. Matter of fact, it was awesome! I had the Best Brunch with my best pal, Al. In case you didn't know what brunch is, it's breakfast and lunch put together, which I think is pure genius! Think about it, you get to eat the good stuff that breakfast has to offer (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, waffles, more bacon) and you get to eat the best that lunch has to offer (sandwiches, bacon, steak, fried chicken, beans with bacon). The possibilities are endless! It's a two for one. Even if you eat a ton, which I normally do, it's totally okay because you're eating for two meals. Genius! Anyway, I was with my friend Al The Koala. We went to this place in our city that we've never been before. We had heard good things about this place and the brunch they have, but we just never got around to going. We've planned on going multiple times, but something always came up last minute. Not this time, this time we actually made it. It was like the stars have aligned that day to make it happen. It was perfect!

   When we got to this place, we had a choice of which floor we wanted to sit in. This place had multiple floors and each one was uniquely special. Al and I decided to sit on the 2nd floor. The third (top) floor had a stunning outdoor balcony from what we've heard, but our Pretty Panda and Koala physique couldn't handle going up more stairs. You may be wondering why we had to take the stairs. Well, even though this place was old world, classic, and charming, it had no elevators for us to use. That's pretty common in this town. They've preserved every part of any old building just as they were back in the olden days. When the beautiful buildings were first built, there were no elevators invented yet. So no one put space for elevators, just stairs. Because the buildings were restored as they were before, there are no elevators today as well. I don't think it's a bad thing actually. It keeps people active and working off the yummy food they've eaten there. Sadly, Pretty Pandas like me and Koalas aren't built for that much stairs. Well at least not at that moment. We could've gone up more if we wanted to, but honestly, we just couldn't be bothered. #lazypanda.
 
 Anyway, we sat on the second floor. It was also very lovely. When we got there, a Pretty Bird waitress sat us down by the window. She's not the same Pretty Bird from the best burger place, but she looks just as pretty. Our table by the window looked down onto the cobblestone street below. It was stunning. It was the best table to have the best brunch. The restaurant had a fixed brunch menu, which meant that everyone pays the same price and gets the same amount of food, not the same food, just the same amount. You got to choose any which food you wanted from their menu and everyone gets other goodies with it. This was what I got: Coffee and Watermelon Fruit Salad with Granola, Croque Madame (that's French for "I'll have ten more"), and a never ending supply of the wonderful invention that is The Mimosa. In case you didn't know what a mimosa is. It's simply Orange Juice that gets topped off with Sparkling Wine. It's how Adult Pretty Pandas like me get our Vitamin C during the weekend. It's very healthy and very yummy- A+. Just a heads up though, don't drink too much, or you won't feel well afterwards. Trust me, heartburn is a real pain to have! I can't stress that enough. There have been so many times when I've accidentally drunk more than a lot of those mimosas and have suffered for hours with heartburn, sometimes even overnight. So enjoy your mimosa, but enjoy it moderately, or at the very least make sure to eat food that balances the mimosa effect. You can have bread, or rice, or bacon. Bacon is always great and it's never let me down before. Oh, that reminds me, I also had a side of the restaurant's brunch bacon. I'm drooling all over the keyboard just thinking about that bacon. Ooooohh... I've gotta have that bacon again and very, very soon. MUST. HAVE. BACON! Oops sorry, got lost there for a moment. For the record, I am not obsessed with bacon, I like it a lot, but not obsessed. At least I think I'm not. Am I? Hmmmm...

  Needless to say, Al and I had the best brunch in that place. We came in hungry, we left full and happy. If you're ever in my new town, Old San Juan, in the Island of Puerto Rico, visit a place called "St. Germaine" and try their brunch! It's the best. If a brunch could turn a Pretty Panda's not-so-good week around, imagine what it could do for everyone else with any bad situation! It could end wars, bridge inequalities, and make the bad things in our world go away. We could have peace talks over brunch and end world hunger one perfect, yummy brunch at a time. If I was the president, I would make brunch a requirement. Everyone must eat brunch every weekend. That way, come Monday, everyone will be happier and nicer to one another. Wouldn't that be nice?

Friends, let's all go to brunch this weekend and come next week, let's see if it made us and our days better. See you all then!

Smiles All Around,
Pete- The Pretty Panda
The "Pretty Panda" Store




 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Pete-The Pretty Panda" looks for The Best Burger

"Pete- the Pretty Panda" Meets a New Friend

"Pete- The Pretty Panda Goes To Ireland"