"Pete- The Pretty Panda Goes To Ireland"

Hi Friends,
     It's been such a long time since I posted. Sorry for that. I may have been a tiny bit busy visiting the world! Every summer I try to visit a place that I've never been to before. This summer that place was- Ireland! Have you been? Well if you haven't, I would definitely recommend visiting such a lush and super awesome place. Not to mention the nicest people you'll ever meet live there! I felt sooo welcomed and at home during my stay in Ireland. Sure there are bad apples here and there, but you'll find those anywhere. All in all, I was really happy that I decided to go. As they say "The Craic Was Mighty". Don't know what it means, but i think it's something fun. Speaking of fun, I had a blast from start to finish! So much so that I may have forgotten to talk to you guys while I was there, ooops! I guess "The Craic was a bit too mighty".

    My trip started late last month. I packed my bags and headed to the airport here in Puerto Rico. I hopped on the plane and off I went. After one connecting flight in Chicago and 24 hrs. later, I finally landed in beautiful Ireland. I've seen pictures and movies of Ireland before, but nothing really compares to the real thing. Despite the colder temperature than Puerto Rico and the Gray Clouds that were hovering all over, I still saw the beauty of Ireland straight off the airport. I saw greenery that has been well kept, and yet I saw a modern society that is up to par with any top nation. No, there were no Leprechauns, that is a bad assumption started by Americans. What is there are sheep! lots and lots of sheep! And cows, horses, and even lamas! Right?! Llamas! I have no idea how the llamas got there, but they're there.

    My first stop on this trip was Dublin. You know, "In Dublin's Fair City Where The Girls Are So Pretty". Yes that Dublin. I went to visit The "Ha'Penny Bridge"- Ireland's most famous bridge. I also went the St. Stephen's Green Park, St. Stephen's Green Shopping Mall, and lots and lots of Coffee Shops. They do really know how to make a good cup of coffee! Also, the donuts. Oh the donuts. So many choices, soooo delicious. Here's a helpful hint from your friendly neighborhood Panda- "Allow for 10 pounds to be added to your weight when you come to Ireland". It's just a given. Quite frankly, I love it! When it comes to Pandas, the fluffier the better!

   Another must do when you're in Ireland is to visit a "ruin". Any ruin will do. If you are in Dublin, you may have to venture a little outside. Ireland is riddled with beautiful ruins that are still standing. There is something really romantic about them. My favorite thus far is called "Glendalough". I hope I'm saying that right! It is an entire civilization of ruins. I think that's where the early monks used to live. I'm not the best with history, so I may need you're helping in correcting me if I'm wrong. This place is a stunner and definitely worth a day trip to the mountains for. However, if you don't have the time for it, no worries! Just step outside of Dublin and drive on the Highway, you'll see old church ruins all over. You may even spot them before you see any sheep.

   After an eventful and food filled week, it was finally time for my last stop. For that, I went outside of Ireland. Well, technically outside but it's like driving from Chicago to Michigan. A couple of hours driving north and you are in the United Kingdom/Northern Ireland territory. It's a different feel altogether up there. They use British Pounds instead of Euros for money, and they have their own British type of style. However, they still drive on the same side of the road, which is the opposite side if you're coming from America. They were lovely people there as well. Although, I've heard that they are not too much of a fan of the "Irish". I have no idea why. Must be some fight in the past. Anywho, while there I decided to go and visit the "Titanic Museum", which is in the lovely city of Belfast. I didn't know this before, but apparently "The Titanic" was made in Belfast. I guess that's not well advertised seeing as it sank. Might give the lovely city some bad press. There museum was very lovely though. Lots of reading and walking. Two of the things Pandas are not known for. Nevertheless, this Panda prevailed. Not to toot my own horn but- "toot toot"

   It was nearly dark when I managed to get back to Dublin and it was too rainy for me and my Panda fur to go out and explore one last time. So, I turned in early and got some much needed rest. The next day, I started my journey back to Chicago, then Miami, then Puerto Rico. That's a story I need to tell you for another time. It was brutal. Glad I chose to rest up the night before!

   It's great to be back in my Old Town of San Juan, and be back with my friends. Until next time!
Oh, before I forget, below are my Panda Recommendations for Ireland and Belfast. Ciao!

Panda Recommendations:

   Coffee:
The Grind  Howth, Dublin
Bewley's     Dublin

   Shopping:
St. Stephen's Green Mall   Dublin
George's Street Arcade     Dublin

   Food & Drink:
Elephant & Castle    Temple Bar, Dublin
Coppinger Row       Dublin
The Ivory          Victoria Square, Belfast, UK
The Brazen Head   Dublin "Oldest Pub in Ireland"
Beshoff Bros.         Dublin "Fish & Chips"
Hotel Chocolat      Belfast, UK
Europa Hotel        Belfast, UK


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Pete-The Pretty Panda" looks for The Best Burger

"Pete- the Pretty Panda" Meets a New Friend

"Pete- The Pretty Panda' s Shopping Problem"