"Pete- the Pretty Panda" Meets a New Friend

Hola Amigos/Friends,
    How have you been? I've missed you! Thank you for making last week's adventure the best yet. I'm so happy that my circle of friends are growing more and more with each adventure. I love making new friends that are as awesome and pretty as you! Speaking of new friends, guess what? Yesterday, I met a new friend and boy is she awesome. Yes, she is pretty as well. She's a Pretty Bird. Her name is Lara. She's a Lark Bird. If you don't know what a lark is, it is certainly worth a google. Larks are birds that come from the old world. They are good natured and full of innocent humour. They are one of the best kinds of pretty bird friends to have.

  Lara and I actually met weeks ago. You see, as a new resident of my town, I often go to social gatherings to meet new people. Of course Al the Koala was there too. He is my best pal after all. So a couple of weeks ago, Al and I went to this social gathering in a place called Santurce. Santurce is a town about a fifteen minute drive from my town so it is pretty close by. When we were at that gathering, we met a whole bunch of people, including Lara. However, as it often is in these kind of events, you only have so much time to talk to so many. So our interaction with Lara was very short. Al and I did manage to get her number, which was a great accomplishment considering the time limit! So, last week, I messaged Lara to see if she wanted to go out to dinner with Al and I, she said she'd love to. Sadly, complications with schedules caused it to be rescheduled to yesterday and as lunch instead of dinner. Al and I don't really mind if it's lunch or dinner as long as there's yummy, yummy food involved. We are equal opportunity eaters, we don't discriminate based on color, type, or cultural background. Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Puerto Rican, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, African, Japanese, Jamaican, and any other type. We eat it all. It all goes in the same way and comes out the same too. Am I right? Although, spicy food tends to be spicier out than it is coming in so that may be an exception. But I'll eat that too! Happily.

  We had all agreed to meet up at this place called "La Hacienda", which is in a town called Miramar. Miramar is very close to my town. It is about a five minute drive. The place was suggested by Lara herself, because Al and I really don't know any place outside of our town at the moment. Of course we've wandered out, but just to go to a specific place and then back to our own town. We're kind of less adventures in that respect. Anyway, when it was time to leave, Al and I decided to use an application called UBER to request a ride. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a service for cars that you hire as taxis, but they're not taxis. They're driven by regular people. Al and I use it all the time. It's pretty handy. However, yesterday it was the exact opposite.
 
 In our town, most streets are One-Way streets, which means it's just one lane going in one direction. It can get tricky for drivers at times, and cause a lot of traffic. Normally, UBER drivers are pretty good with handling the streets, but yesterday all the drivers were horrible at it! Al and I waited and waited for a good half an hour just to finally get a car. We went through 3 different drivers that had to cancel our request due to traffic. When we finally got one, it wasn't any better. The driver was a kind, old man that drove like a kind, old man. Do you know what I mean? Ssloww... Al and I kept looking at each other because we were already late at that point, but we couldn't complain. I mean, only jerks complain to a kind, old man. Al and I are not about that. So we held our tongues and increased our patience.
 
When we finally arrived at the lunch place, Lara was already sitting at a table. She had ordered some yummy, yummy food for us. Told you she's amazing. This place was nothing at all like we had pictured, it was more of a Gourmet Food Grocery than a restaurant and it was awesome. We all ate the yummy food and chatted away about tons of things! We laughed and had a really good time.
After that lunch, I am happy to say that we are hanging out again with Lara tomorrow. Al and I are very, very excited. I am very glad to have met a new friend.

Well, til' next time my friends!
Smiles All Around,
Pete- The Pretty Panda
Pretty Panda Store
 

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Pete-The Pretty Panda" looks for The Best Burger

"Pete- The Pretty Panda Goes To Ireland"