"Pete-The Pretty Panda" looks for The Best Burger

Hi Friends,
 
 How is everything on your end of the screen? It has certainly been very thrilling on this side. I just had the Best Burger a Pretty Panda has ever had this week. It was soooooo amazing!
I won't spoil anymore of the story for you. Don't worry, I promise I'll share every yummilicious detail I can remember.

 Okay, let's get to it.

  It all started on Monday. No wait, it was Wednesday. Or was it Tuesday? Hmmm... Well it was one of those days for sure! Sorry, let's start over.

  It all started on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. I had just gotten back from the local market in town for my weekly grocery shopping. Hey, Pretty Panda's like me have to eat too. I got lots of yummy fruits and veggies, and I got some tasty looking snacks and cookies as well. Momma always said, "eat what you like, but in moderation and proper balance". Not really sure what some of those words mean, but I think she meant to eat something healthy with something that's not so healthy. That way they both even each other out. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? I think so too.
 
As I was emptying the rest of the goodies in my grocery bag, I suddenly heard a sound. It was like a mini thundercloud inside my belly. It was my tummy. In the midst of my shopping for goodies, actually eating any had slipped my mind. Now my tummy is going full force like an angry bull. I could tell that at that moment, he was not a fan of me. I needed to fix the problem, and fast! Before my tummy gets angrier and decides to do something that might hurt me. So I quickly went through all of the goodies that I had just bought and offered them one by one to my tummy. He didn't like any! He wanted something else. Something that I didn't have in my pantry. My tummy wanted a burger. Not just any burger, he wanted the best burger in the land.
 
 The trouble is, I didn't really know where the best burger is. Let alone where to start looking for it. Luckily, my best friend Al happens to be a big fan of burgers. I decided to call on him for help.
When I told Al about my problem, he rushed straight away to my house. He was great! That day, Al was my burger superhero.
 
Al and I started making a plan for our best burger search. We found some menus from restaurants that I've gotten food from before and looked for what could possibly be the best burger around. You may be wondering how we decided what counted as the best burger around. Well I'll tell you, we just started reading out each burger from all the menus we found along with what's in them and what came with. If my tummy growled, it meant no. If it purred like a cat, it meant yes. It was a very scientific method we were using.

  We must've gone through ten different menus and we weren't any closer to finding that best burger. My tummy just kept growling at every burger we read. We were losing hope fast. Suddenly, as if he was Einstein, Al gets a brilliant idea. Al suggested that we use the ultimate tool known to Pandas and Koalas alike- The Internet. So like a couple of top class spies, Al and I went to work. We searched the internet near and far for the best burger around within a five mile radius. We searched for minutes and minutes, and even more minutes. Then finally, we found it. I can still remember that moment. As Al read the burger elements out loud- "brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, burger stuffed with cheese, bacon, more cheese..." , we heard my tummy "purrrr..." the sweetest sounding purr we have ever heard before. We were so excited!

  The best part was, the restaurant was only a few blocks away! We didn't even have to walk that far. It was meant to be. So off we went, as fast as our Panda and Koala legs could take us. When we finally got to the restaurant, a pretty bird welcomed us with a sweet, sweet voice. I think she was a lark, or a songbird, or any majestic type of bird. She sat us down at our table and started to take our order. Before she even finished her speech about the menu, Al and I both blurted out the words "We'd like your best burger, please!". We were a bit embarrassed, but luckily, she was kind. She gave out a small chuckle and said "of course, right way". Then she went to the kitchen and put in our orders for the best burger.
 
 I know we only waited for a few minutes while the burgers were cooking, but when your tummy is acting up, minutes can feel like forever. It's hard to think of anything else when you're hungry and even harder being patient. I guess the pretty bird saw right through me, because she came over our table with a free plate of yummy chips. It came with a dipping sauce too! I said, "If the chips were that good, we must be in for a real treat with their best burger." I was right.

 When the best burger came out of the kitchen, the first thing that gets you is the smell of it. The melted cheese, the bacon, the burger patty, and the crispy fries that came with it. Did i mention the bacon? By the time the pretty bird got to our table, I was already drooling like a rabid dog. I was ready for that burger, and more importantly, so was my tummy. I took the first bite of the burger, and quite honestly, my memory gets blurry after that. I remember it being sooooo good and Al smiling with glee across me as he took a bite of his burger. However, I can't exactly remember having eaten all of it including the big helping of fries. I just remember looking at an empty plate and hearing the satisfied purr of my now bulging tummy. Then Al said "That was the best burger ever. I think I need a nap", to which I replied "yes, me too." and after paying for the burgers that was exactly what we did. We napped the most beautiful nap there ever was. That best burger from "Burger Bistro" still visits me in my dreams to this day, and it just gets tastier and tastier every time!
 
I'm glad to have shared that adventure with my best pal, Al. Maybe we should do that every year. Hmm.. Yes! We'll do it every year on the 30th of April. It will be called #bestburgerday. A day where you hunt for the best burger with your best friend. That's a great idea!

  Anywho, that's the end of story friends. If you're ever in Puerto Rico, look for a place called "Bistro Burger" in Old San Juan- My New City. I hope you enjoy your burger as much as I did mine. Yum! I'll definitely be back there soon enough, but for now, it's back to fruits and veggies for this Pretty Panda.
  See you next time!

Smiles All Around,
Pete
"The Pretty Panda"
Pretty Panda Adventures T-Shirts

P.S. Here's me and my best friend Al with our yummy burgers. Shout out to the Pretty Bird Waitress for taking our photo.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Pete- the Pretty Panda" Meets a New Friend

"Pete- The Pretty Panda's Best Brunch Adventure"